Thursday, May 10, 2012

Outdoor Lov'n

The garden is planted, finally! It felt like so much work this time around; first off I'm pregnant, secondly I let the weeds get CRAZY out of control and thirdly I have a smaller budget to work with this year. Alas it is done and I feel good about the outcome of this, my second attempt at growing food for my family...  Now my goal is to transform our yard into the family friendly space I envisioned since moving in a year and a half ago.  This being a rental I need to get creative and stop dreaming of permanent structures and start working within my financial and rental parameters. I have been pinning some ideas that I thought I would share that are renter and financially friendly, enjoy!



I love all of this but what I I love the most are the basket lights, maybe a future DIY. I found this on: http://www.villavonkrogh.com/2012/04/romantico.html



This may not work for every rental without permission but my fence has holes in it already and I have an awesome landlord that lets me have allot of free reign. Found on:
http://shannoneileenblog.typepad.com/happiness-is/


Isn't this garden something to swoon over! I see so many pretty gardens on the internet but something about this one just pleases me aesthetically! Found on: http://www.goinghometoroost.com/2012/organic/inspiring-garden-spaces/



I really love this DIY and will hopefully be posting directions and pic's as soon as I complete this project. What I love most about this besides the ambiance and keeping mosquitos at bay is the fact that it is safe for the kiddos. I love my tiki torches but this seems a bit more stable, our fences are really high and out of bonking or little hands reach. Found on: Pinterest with no link



Lastly Peace Poles, aren't these great! I think these would be a really fun family project, I'm thinking of incorporating wood burning into mine. They would also make really cute veggie markers in the garden! Found on:http://www.woodfireandpaint.com/wood-art/peacepoles/


I'm feeling inspired, how about you? Happy gardening and beautifying your space!

Peace and Love,
-Gypsy Lov'n

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, I am in love with the first picture with the cousions and the movie! How dreamy! And the tiki idea looks awesome! I look forward to the how to! Very inspiring, thank you! I needed this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so welcome! Thanks for stopping by to say hello and look at all the lovelies, I'm hoping to get to that DIY in the next week or so. =)

    ReplyDelete