Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cookie dough dip!

In the Kitchen

Cookie dough dip!

I'm always looking for ways to incorporate healthy foods into treats, recently I have been craving cookie dough...hmmmmm, how to make that healthy?  I started googling and came across a couple of recipes and then found one that had me really intrigued.  I have adapted it to make it my own, what would you add to make it healthier or tastier?


Recipe:


  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained) (250g)
  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter 
  • up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
  • 1/3 cup agave, brown sugar may give it a more traditional cookie taste, but I found it to be plenty sweet
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips or as many as you want ;-)
  • 1/4 cup oats 
  • 2 tsp hemp seed or flax would work
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
I haven't attempted baking this but I imagine if you added baking soda and baking powder you would have success. If you try baking them let me know if it turned out! The original recipe that I adapted from can be seen here.



Not pictured is the coconut oil, it was a last minute decision that I am pleased I made.


Tasty!


The little one approved =)


We ate with graham crackers but apple slices would be even healthier! 

Enjoy!
-Gypsy Lov'n

1 comment: